I was the GSI for Linear Algebra, Math 110, for Spring 2005.
This course info is copied from the
course announcement and the
Math 110 homepage.
- Course: Math 110
- Instructor: Ken Ribet
- Lectures: Tuesday and Thursday, 12:40 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Room: 10 Evans Hall
- Instructor's Office: 885 Evans
- Instructor's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussion Section:
- 103: Wednesday, 10:10 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 433 Latimer
- 104: Wednesday, 11:10 a.m. - 12:00 noon, 105 Latimer
- 107: Wednesday, 2:10 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., B56 Hildebrand
- GSI: John Voight
- GSI's Office: 853 Evans
- GSI's Email: email@example.com
- GSI's Office Hours: Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., or by appointment
- GSI's Web Page: http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~jvoight/
- Prerequisites: Math 54 or a course with equivalent linear algebra content.
- Syllabus: Matrices, vector spaces, linear transformations, linear functionals, inner products, determinants, eigenvectors, symmetric and orthogonal matrices, diagonalizability.
- Required Text: Friedberg, Insel and Spence, Linear Algebra, 4th edition (Prentice Hall, 2003).
- Grading: Based on two midterms, homework, and the final exam.
HW #4 Worksheet
Midterm #1 Review
HW #6 Worksheet
Midterm #2 Review
Midterm #2 Review Solutions
I usually have an anonymous comment feature, but this semester I will instead be using the Google group feature that the professor has set up on his website (see "Online Discussion").
This page was last modified on Thursday, March 3, 2005.